Midland, MI: Michigan’s Largest Antique & Collectible Festival has teamed up with Michigan State University & Central Michigan University to promote a “Fresh New Look at Decorating with Antiques.” The Michigan Antique & Collectible Festivals in conjunction with Michigan State University & Central Michigan University have announced participation in a unique contest.
Central Michigan Students had an amazing time last year decorating with antiques and competing to create beautifully decorated rooms. The contest helps teach a younger generation Creativity, Affordability & Sustainability by using Antiques and Collectibles in decorating.MSU & CMU Interior Design Students will form six teams and use antiques found throughout the Festival to decorate rooms. They will be competing for $3000 in Scholarships. Visitors to the Festival will be allowed to vote for their favorite design. “We want to help promote the use of antiques to younger generations,” said Lori Oberlin the Festival’s promoter, “This is a great way to showcase the beautiful items our dealers bring to the festival.”
A new addition this year to the Michigan Antique Festival Interior Design Contest; MSU & CMU Students will submit items for a “Repurposing Display” dedicated to the Restoration, Recycling and Repurposing of these treasures. Students will focus on finding new uses for antiques. This competition will be a great addition to our room decorating contest and will allow students to highlight their creative abilities individually. Decorating with antiques is a great way to personalize your home and make it uniquely yours while helping keep the world green.
Dealers and guests both agree. The wide-range of activities at the Festival keeps people coming back again and again. Three times a year the festival is filled with eager guests hunting for amazing treasures from all over the United States. Where else do you have the opportunity to Collect and Rescue a Piece of American history?
• Outstanding Array of Quality Antiques & Collectibles, Vintage & Estate Jewelry, Architectural, Primitives, Glass, Fine Art, Pottery, Vintage Posters, Advertising, Silver, Garden Art, Linens, Furniture, Military & More!
• Ongoing Entertainment throughout the grounds with special entertainment in the Car Show area!
• The Michigan Vietnam Memorial Wall will be on display during June 2 – 3, along with an outstanding collection of classic Military Vehicles.
• Taste of Michigan and Shop Michigan Building — Sample some of Michigan’s finest agriculture products and purchase other unique products created in Michigan.
• Coin and Sports Memorabilia Building.
• Free Appraisals in the Fair Center Building. Limit 2 per Person.
• Find those elusive parts in Michigan’s Largest Auto Parts Swap Meet or find a unique car in our extensive Car 4-Sale area.
• Spectacular Car Show with DJ and Prizes all day.
• 6th Annual Classic Car Auction — Drive home your dream car on July 21.
• Raining Money on Sundays — $100 every hour will be given to a lucky spectator!
6905 Eastman Ave.
Midland, MI 48642
Early Buyer, Friday 10 – 5: $15 per person weekend pass
Sat. 8 – 6 Sun. 8 – 4: $6 per Person, 11 & Under Free
Lori Oberlin, Promoter